Sunday, August 2, 2009

Summer comes to an end...

I was thinking about this post and became really mad at myself. I was so bad at keeping my camera handy this summer and therefore missed so many opportunities at the perfect shot. We did lots of fun things over the past few weeks to keep ourselves busy. Unfortunately you'll just have to take my word for it, because I don't have any proof in the way of pictures!

Some of our favorite activities...

Trips to the mall to see the dogs and eat ice cream

Swimming at Lifetime

Swimming at grandma and papa C's house

Weekly movies with cousins and friends

Playdates with cousins and friends
The kids favorite thing to do at home is rearrange my furniture to create forts. I allowed this one to stay up when the kids went to bed so they could play in it the following morning. In the meantime, it made a cozy little bed for Lucy!
Lots of tv watching! There's only so much else you can do when its 115 out!

Rian came into our room late one night and simply said "Daddy, can you please take me out on a date?" How could he resist? That weekend, the three of them headed out for a night on the town. They went to dinner and saw G-Force in 3D.

Now, I wasn't sure this was actually possible... but it seems we FINALLY wore Jack out!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Well the pictures you got are great!! I loved hearing about all the fun things you are doing all while avoiding that heat! I love the picture of the 3 of them watching TV. Does school start tomorrow?? I am a little sad that you guys didn't get a california trip in!! Maybe another time!?? Love you guys and Good Luck with school!

Brett said...

Look at all those webkinz... all lined up on that fort like a shooting gallery.

...


I'm tired of webkinz. Oh, so tired of webkinz.

Judy said...

I love that picture too, Megan. And you can always depend on Brett to notice the most obscure things! I'm just stunned that they're going back to school already. I guess the summer has gone much more quickly for me than for you.

The girls did a fantastic job in picking out their outfits for the first day. I still remember the feelings I had when you kids went back to school...I had such mixed emotions. Joy at having my house back to myself, but nervousness...hoping so much that you'd have a happy year.
Give Koty and Rian both a big hug and kiss from Grandma!!! And tell them good luck for a fantastic year!!!

brianne said...

I love that Rian wanted her dad to take her on a date. Oh my gosh, so cute!! And I love that she is ALWAYS in her bathing suit. That reminds me of being a kid in AZ.

And Brett--I am sick and tired of Webkinz too, and I am not even a parent. I mean seriously, I walk past store windows of like...cigar stores and it has a big sign, "WEBKINZ SOLD HERE!" So weird.