Sunday, October 5, 2008

Lucy

Well, Dakota is just loving finally having her dog! She plays with her every chance she gets, loves to snuggle her to sleep every night, and actually takes very good care of her. Min pins are known to "burrow", so I have to search through the blankets on Dakota's bed every night to find her and take her to her crate. Rian is enjoying her as well. She doesn't devote quite as much time to her but definitely loves having her around! Jack has taken quite an interest in "playing" with Lucy as well and also loves her (although I'm fairly positive the feeling is not mutual!).

As far as Dave and myself- not so much!!! But you all knew that would be the case, as did we. Unfortunately, Lucy LOVES me and wants to cuddle everytime I sit down. The biggest problem with that is that I have a skin allergy to her and I break out in small, incredibly itchy bumps anywhere she has had contact. Also, she HATES Dave! She won't go near him unless he's holding a piece of cheese (her favorite snack, and reward for good behavior) and even then, she will only get as close to him as she has to in order to snatch it out of his hand! She barks like crazy when he comes in the door and at any quick movement that he makes. I don't know why this is, I have a feeling it has something to do with her past. We're still hoping she'll come around.

Lucy loves cheese, walks, and most of all, any type of ball. She'll chase it, trap it with her paws and then attack it. It's actually pretty cute! Anyway, I guess she's here to stay and hopefully she'll just learn to like Dave so that he doesn't drop kick her over the back fence! Here are some pictures of our little baby...


5 comments:

Judy said...

I'm happy for the kids...but what are you going to do about your allergy to her?

I love the pic of her snuggling with Koty in bed.

brianne said...

Yea the picture of her snuggling under the cover by Koty's legs is so freakin cute! Koty must be in HEAVEN.

Megan said...

Lucy sounds like the dog version of Dave...maybe that's why they don't get along!

Cameron Family said...

I am in heaven grandma! SHE'S AWSOME! -koty

The Ridings said...

You are a good woman! Unlike me, no dogs for us!