Friday, October 31, 2008

Problem Almost Solved...

Try and picture this...

I'm coming home from a friends house last night with my three kids. Dave took the truck thinking I had nowhere to go so I only had a booster seat for Jack. As we are stopped at the busy intersection of Dysart and Indian School I look back to see Jack standing on his booster seat. I yell at him to sit down just as the light turns green, of course he doesn't. So I proceed through the intersection and pull to the side of the road.

I get out and walk to the other side of the car to buckle Jack in. Just as I open his door, Dakota screams, "Mom, Lucy jumped out of the car!!!" I see her run straight into the busy street but (unfortanetly) is not hit and runs back towards me. I'm trying to get my hands on her as I then notice BOTH of my girls are out of the car on the street with me! I scream at them to get in the car and shut the door. I then proceed to chase that stupid dog up the sidewalk as she runs back towards the intersection.

I honestly did not know what to do. In my panic state I just kept thinking, "My kids are in a running car on the side of the road, and the dog is inevitably going to run into traffic and die in front of them." So I continue to chase her, away from the car (in which none of my three kids are now even buckled in their seats!). I couldn't imagine just saying forget it, letting the dog go, and having to go back to the car without her. I'm not sure my girls would ever have forgiven me. And yet, I couldn't just leave them there as I follow her further and further away.

About 5 minutes later I get her to run with me towards the car, at which point Dakota jumped out, and together we trapped her, giving Dakota the opportunity to scoop her up.

And so I ask, "What would you have done???"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!! You should have ran it over yourself! You are a great mom.

brianne said...

Birth control.

The Ridings said...

Leave the dog!!! J/K I wouldn't be able to do it but I know I would be thinking it!