Thursday, May 20, 2010

Student of the Month (Again!)

Without fail, Dakota is chosen as the Student of the Month in either August or September each year, and this year was no different. But this year, she received this honor twice. Her teacher, Mrs. Marquez turned the responsibility of choosing the final Student of the Month over to the children in her class. Each child voted for one boy and one girl to represent their class, and her peers chose her. We all know what a special and tender-hearted girl she is, I think it is so wonderful for her to be recognized for that by the children in her class.


I was able to go to school and have breakfast with her.


Receiving her award.


I really cannot believe that in a few short months, I will have a 5th grader! I love being Dakota's mother, my only issue with her is that she is growing up WAY TOO FAST!

3 comments:

Judy said...

We're so proud of Dakota...its always so special to be honored by your peers!

(Alisa...Come staight from the gym, did you???)

Cameron Family said...

Straight TO the gym actually :)

brianne said...

Wow. I wish I was that popular when I was that age. I remember my friends would give me time limits on how much I could talk (thanks Erin Hillman).

I'm so proud of Kots. She is such a special girl.