Thursday, May 13, 2010

My Favorite Day

Dave had plans to make me breakfast on Mothers Day but the kids beat him to it. Instead of sleeping in, I was woken up at 7:30 by 3 beautiful, excited faces staring at me from about 6 inches away. They asked me to come downstairs for a special surprise. I asked them if I could have it brought to me in bed, but we soon found out why that was completely impossible. Dave tried to get me out of it, but after going downstairs he yelled up to me "You're gonna want to come down here." What I found was truly sweet and amazing!


French Toast, Eggs, Waffles & Mini Pancakes (the frozen kind), Strawberries and OJ. Wow! No wonder it couldn't be breakfast in bed. They each then gave me their sweet little homemade gifts (even a drawing from Lucy!). After I force fed myself, I went back upstairs to bed for a couple more hours.

I was woken up around noon with a brand new, super sweet phone from Dave. Now I can keep up with the cyberworld from places other than my bedroom!


After lunch, I was able to Skype with the woman who made me the mom that I am. I love you, mom!


Then we loaded up and headed over to the VA hospital to hang out with Dave's grandma and the Cameron family. It was a beautiful day, and in an effort to keep Jack from disturbing every resident in the hospital, we went outside and visited for a while.




Rian, Dakota, Elizabeth and Diego with grandma Mary and great-grandma Meyer.
*Jack was NOT interested in being a part of this pic!


The kids LOVE to push great-grandma in her wheelchair.

3 comments:

Judy said...

What a great Mother's Day!!! Your kids are so sweet. It was fun to hear all about your day.

Beckie said...

They really know how to spoil their mama!

Megan said...

I'm so happy you got the treatment you deserve!!