Sunday, January 3, 2010

Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam!

As expected, Jack was not at all thrilled with the idea of primary today. He had an absolute meltdown in the hall with daddy. Our 2nd counselor, Teri, decided enough was enough and stepped in to put a stop to his madness. She waited until he calmed down, took him to the bathroom to clean his face and then brought him into sharing time.


Once in the room, he sat in his chair with his face buried in his hands. In between songs, if you listened carefully, you could hear him quietly whimpering. The little sniffles and short breaths were enough to break my heart! Soon enough though, he decided it wasn't so bad. He stayed in his chair reverently and took it all in.


I later saw him happily bouncing down the hall with his class, and peeked into his classroom to see that he was enjoying himself quite a bit. I can't say the same for his poor teacher though!


Dave was helping out with another class today and was able to capture this heartbreaking moment on his cell phone.



What really got to me today was the fact that my baby girl, Rian, is now in SENIOR PRIMARY! I hate the fact that these kids are growing up so fast and there is nothing we can do to stop it. Crushing.

5 comments:

brianne said...

Crushing, indeed! And that picture of Jack is devastating. But equally cute. Is that bad of me to think?

Brett said...

Very sad. But I think that's how I look when I fall asleep in Sunday School.

p.s. Do you guys have to return those orange chairs to the elementary school cafeteria each week? Just curious.

brianne said...

Whoa good one Brett! Danit, I wish I had said that.

brianne said...

That is supposed to say Dangit, not danit (which kind of looks like I meant to say a naughty word).

Judy said...

I wish you'd put up a new post! I get sad everytime I see that picture of Jack!!!