Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Backyard Camping

Over Christmas break, the girls decided they would like to sleep outside. They tried relentlessly night after night, eventually always surrendering to the bitter cold. On the third night, Dakota actually did fall asleep. Consequently, Rian came inside because she was scared. We had to carry Dakota is as well, for fear she might wake up unable to feel her extremeties! They gave it a valiant effort, but in the end, these are just two very warm-blooded Arizona girls!


On the last night. I surprised them with hot chocolate and extra whipped cream. Dave surprised them with a ferocious "ROAR" at the back "window" of the tent!

4 comments:

brianne said...

Hahaha. You guys are such wimps!! I have never heard of anyone having a fear of frostbite in Central AZ! That is such a cute idea though. I love camping in the backyard. Maybe this summer the girls and I can rough it in our Bainbridge backyard.

Megan said...

This post just makes me laugh! Good try girls. I especially love the "night light" idea. I'm thinking Dave came up with that one!

Judy said...

Bitter cold in the Valley of the Sun...are you joking me!!!

Cameron Family said...

Mom, for a week or so just before Christmas, it was COLD! Overnight temps were high 30's to low 40's.

This tent was set up in my FAMILY ROOM when I returned from my 24 hr visit to CA to see grandpa. The girls wanted to sleep in it Christmas Eve and try to catch Santa in the act. I told them he wouldn't come if he knew they might spot him. So we moved it to the backyard and its been there ever since :)