Sunday, March 16, 2008

A Special Day







Dakota's baptism was a wonderful day. All of our in-town family came to support her in her decision to be baptized. Some of her very good friends (Kailee, Kiley & Willow) were also there & joined Rian, & Dakota's cousins (Jasmyn, Cameron, & Elizabeth) in singing "I Am A Child of God" to her. Dave did a beautiful job baptizing & confirming her. Afterwards the family spent some time together at our house for lunch and desert.

Sunday was a big day for her as well. In sacrament meeting she asked Dave if she should bear her testimony, he told her she would know if she should if she had a feeling in her chest. As soon as he said that, she immediately went to the stand & did it! With her stage fright & anxiety over being in the spotlight, I was shocked to learn that she did this (I, of course, missed it as I was chasing Jack through the halls). We are very proud of her. She is a sweet girl & a wonderful example to her sister & brother.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kari said...

Glad to see you finally posted these pictures ;) Sorry we missed her special day ... darn that family of ours coming into town!!! Thanks again for coming to dinner last night :)

Cameron Family said...

Dinner was delicious- so thank you! Our kids + your kids = great entertainment! We'll have to do it again soon.

brianne said...

Finally! Some baptism pictures. I have been waiting. Koty looks so beautiful. I am so proud of her.

Judy said...

Those are beautiful pictures...I'm going to need copies of some of those. Koty...we love you so much!!!

Tori said...

I didn't know you have a blog...so glad I found it via Kari's.

Your kids are so big! And that Jack! You just had him! So cute.

Katie said...

Oh Dakota is so sweet. I loved having her in my class. She is not only a good example to her brother and sister- but to the kids in her primary class. I am so glad you posted on my blog so I could find yours. I will love keeping up with your family.

Anonymous said...

She looks like an angel on her special day. We are very proud of her. She is a wonderful example to Jasmyn.