Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Wrath of Rian

Rian was in one of her special moods today. She became upset with Dakota and I because she didn't get her way. I sent her to her room and while she was there, she put her thoughts down on paper...


Translation- "Dakota is not a good sister and my mom is not a good mother". Now, while I am happily impressed with her progress in school, I'm not sure this is the best use of her new skills! She did later apologize and attempted to throw the note away so that I wouldn't see it. However, I told her I had already read it and asked her if I could keep it so that one day when she's a mom and her daughter tells her she hates her, she can see that she once felt the same way towards me!

6 comments:

Judy said...

Yeah...she's a darn good speller for a 5 year old!!! (Nice handwriting too...and at least she had the good grace to feel bad afterwards...)

Brett said...

Wow... that is impressive for 5!

Cole still prefers a simple door slam.

Anonymous said...

Funny how you get used to those notes after a while. I remember Jasmyns first hate mail to me. I cried the whole day.

Kari said...

Okay, I just found your place in cyberspace ... Jill's to Jacy's to here! You mentioned looking and mine but didn't even BOTHER to mention you had one for yourself!! And I thought we were friends ;) Just because I haven't been to the gym is no reason to punish me!! I've been laughing hysterically at your stories - especially this one about Rian ... absolutely priceless! Can't wait to keep up with you and your clan in the blogosphere!

brianne said...

thats my Rian!

Cameron Family said...

Sorry Kari! I didn't purposely keep my blog from you, I thought you knew I had one! So what do I need to do to get on your "favorite people" list, huh? How many of those women happily kick your butt for hours every week (or used to, but that's your fault!)? Love your blog by the way, however it does make mine look horribly inadequate! That's okay, I've come to accept my lack of creativity.