Thursday, July 17, 2008

Our Amazing Vacation- Bainbridge Island 2008


My favorite memories of our summer vacation at Bainbridge Island...
  • Getting off the plane- oh that Jack!
  • Waking up to "Downtowners" pastries (thanks dad!) and late night runs to "Mora" (an absolutely fantastic little ice cream parlor)- it's a wonder I didn't gain 30 lbs!
  • "R & R" on the bay. Sudoku + a big Diet DP + Jack napping + 70 degrees out = heaven!
  • Taylor (the newest addition to our ever growing family) is blessed outside by her father and all the men in the family, it was truly beautiful!
  • Town & Country Market Clam Chowder - YUMMY!
  • Late night games. Brett and I dominate at Spades!
  • Dance Party on the patio at dawn, what fun! Thanks Rian and Aunt Bree.
  • Our rainy boat ride to Poulsbo. Kids went for Ice Cream, adults warmed up with Hot Chocolate!
  • Crabbing! I think we ended up with something like 30 crabs for our July 4th FEAST!
  • 4th of July- Family photoshoot, Fireworks, Crabfest 2008 and Oreo Shakes.
  • Watching the 3 toddlers on the beach throwing rocks.
  • Day trip to "Point No Point" beach.
  • Dakota learning to wakeboard!!! (See video post below)
  • Geocaching in the Grand Forest. The kids found amazing treasures.
  • Girls trip to Seattle for a day of food and shopping- thanks mom!
  • Wakeboarding. Despite water temps in the low 60's, it was actually really fun!
  • Date night with Dave. Fish & Chips at Doc's Marina and "Hancock".
  • Watching Dave attempt to clear the wake and the girls "boob tubing".

10 comments:

Judy said...

Fun memories!!! You got some great pictures. I'm going to print your blog and put it in our guestbook. Your whole family is represented this year...now I need to get the others to write something.

Megan said...

I just can't look at these blogs anymore...it makes me so sad we aren't there still! Great pictures...I've already copied several. And I love the new pics of the kids and Dave, work that v-neck! ooohhh! :) We miss you guys!!

Katie said...

What a fun trip! I am so impressed that Dakota can wakeboard. That is awesome!

Katie said...

I cant believe how big Jack is. Love all the pictures. It was so fun to see your family.

Beckie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beckie said...

What a FUN trip!! You guys did some great things! I bet you're so proud of Dakota. She is a pro!
Don't tell her I chuckled just a little when she totally biffed it at the end of the video. I would have laughed no matter who it was. ;) Unless it was me. Then it would have taken a few days to get over it.
I love catching up with your family on your blog. You guys are awesome! We miss you! If you ever want to go to the true church, you're welcome to PV ward anytime. ;)

brianne said...

What would we do without the Bbridge?

brianne said...

Oh and our dance party...bomb dig.

Kim said...

Great pix. I heard there is a big body pump/step/etc. training in Denver in September. Are you going to that? You are welcome to stay here if you decide to come. We love company.

Kari said...

Your pics are amazing ... love the list of favorites :) And you are jealous of my trip? Looks like I've got quite a bit to be jealous of myself!!! Looks and sounds like the prefect family vacation!