Saturday, June 21, 2008

A garage sale of sorts...


Today while Cameron was here playing, he and Rian decided to have a garage sale to make some extra money. They gathered some things from the playroom in a box and headed outside. Note that it is nearly 115 degrees today with an "excessive heat advisory/warning". I went out to check on them minutes later and they were headed to our neighbors house carrying their box. I asked where they were going and they answered "to your other neighbor's house". I said "other neighbors?" and they replied, "yeah, we already went to the Zimmermans' (our good friends just next door). I explained to them that in a garage sale, you simply set your stuff out and wait for people to come to you. So they did. After a few minutes, and some seriously red cheeks, Dave asked them if they were done yet. He wanted them to come inside so badly that he offered them $10 for everything in the box. I told him that was ridiculous and there was no way we were giving them $10. His reply- "I talked them down from $50!" So, for his $10 he got an old toy that doesn't work, an old gift bag and some random snacks from our pantry! And we wonder why we're broke!!

8 comments:

Megan said...

That's hilarious! You need to frame that 1st picture of them, it's priceless!

brianne said...

yea that first picture is so cute. it reminds me of little rascals. i cannot believe what kids will do for a little bit of money.

Katie said...

That is so cute. What a smart girl. Jack has been asking me for ways to earn money. He wants to do a lemonade stand. We'll see how much that earns him. Probably not $10- especially from one customer.

Judy said...

That is seriously funny...how do they stand the heat. I'm so glad to be here and not there...not to be gloating or anything.
Their little venture reminds me of the lemonade stand at my house! I'm just glad they were going to your neighbors and not mine this time.

Anonymous said...

I can't stop laughing at those pics. I love their little determined faces.

Kari said...

I guess I should bring my stuff over for them to sell ... sounds like I could get WAY more for it over there ;)

Tori said...

That's awesome! Love this story!

Kari said...

When are you coming back?! Seems like I haven't seen you forever!!!! Then again I wasn't at church for 5 weeks ....